IMLAY PTA GENERAL MEETING MINUTES
MARCH 15, 2022
Meeting started at 6:40pm
Attendees: Anita Hansen, Kimberly Smith, Koda LaMadrid, Carla Tippets, Monica Burns, Jennifer McInturff, Erin Vandermeide, Lindsay Campbell, John Campbell, Lettita Camire, Henry Martinez, Amanda Bethune.
February Meeting canceled. Newsletter update on imlaypta.org/pta-meetings/
Secretary Review: We won a karaoke machine from an Oregon PTA drawing thanks to increased membership!
- We have about 32k in the bank which we feel very fortunate to have raised this year.
- All of our funds are already budgeted, which you can review on https://imlaypta.org/finance-treasurer-info/ and we’re expecting more expenses in the Spring.
- Sixth Grade Party: Imlay hosts a 3 hour party on the last full day of school instead of a graduation for the 6th graders. They are in the planning stage. They have met with Jen and teachers. If you are interested in helping with the 6th grade committee please reach out to Becky Takara.
- Carnival Committee: It’s on June 3rd. We are meeting with the principal soon and will make decisions by then.
- Bottle Drop Count is at $257.22. Contact Koda LaMadrid for blue bags, or pick up in the office (they are in the PTA Mailbox)
- Dine-Out:We raised $207 in February at Baja Fresh. March 28th at Godfather’s, just mention Imlay PTA and they will always donate to the school.
- Spirit Gear: Our orders are now up to date. We are removing masks from options. We have increased order options which you can order online.
- Family Fun Night: We need more people on the committee. Our goal is to
- build community and we are trying to accomplish that goal by drawing families into PTA nights.
- Food Drive: We will reconvene after Spring Break. The partnership restarted with Pacific Foods.
Board Member Positions:
- Kimberly Smith will be staying as Treasurer. President, Vice President, and Secretary positions will be open. Nominations will be accepted at April Meeting.
- How is school going without masks? It’s fun to see all the kids smiles.
- Amanda Buthane has 15 years experience as a teacher, 7 years at Ladd Acres. She is now the TOSA (teacher on special assignment) director for the district and serving as substitute principal.
Meeting adjourned at 7:13pm