IMLAY PTA GENERAL MEETING MINUTES
JANUARY 18, 2022
Meeting started at 6:32pm
Attendees: Anita Hansen, Kimberly Smith, Koda LaMadrid, Carla Tippets, Jennifer Mccalley, Lindsey Campbell, Kimberly Harrison, Erin VanderMeide, Brenda PerezMaya, Aliyah GarciaLimon, Amy Fowles, Tami Biddington
Approve previous meeting minutes online. Approved by Carla Tippets, Lindsey Campbell, Koda LaMadrid, Kimberly Smith, Monica Burns, Laney Jones.
- We have raised $19,578.65 from Eagle Walk n’Roll.
- Dine-Out is almost at the projected $1000 for the year with $984 raised already. This month was Beaverton Dream Dinners and we only made $60, but are hoping to utilize this company again.
- Bottle Drive is another source of fundraising at $190.
- Box Tops we have about $100. We estimated $1500. Suggested including info on Principal emails.
Safe Routes Feature:
- City of Hillsboro Safe Routes – Bernadette Lee
- Focus on Safety and Equity for getting kids to school. Surveys have been sent to kids and family.
- There is a walking tour on Wednesday January 26th at 2:15pm to assess safety and there will be a follow up meeting with feedback.
- Family Fun: We need more volunteers! Our goal is to build community and we’ve decided to do that through a fun event each month where we can support local businesses and bring food for our backpack program and review PTA happenings.
- Spirit Gear: There were supply chain issues. We are submitting another order on January 19th. We used a local company, and are waiting for supplies to come in and will deliver as soon as items are available.
- STEAM Night: We are doing a silent auction to hopefully fund the carnival at the end of the school year. We need volunteers to help make Steam Night happen which will be April 7th and Carnival is June 3rd.
- Carnival: We NEED VOLUNTEERS! We would love to make this an affordable night for all the families at Imlay and a lot of volunteers make work light.
- Room Parents: We are missing room parents for Tocher, Mosley, and Foster. Room parents NEED parents to go through the approval process to volunteer (vaccination record, fingerprinting).
- No questions
- Kimberly Harrison is our new media/library teacher. She gets the opportunity to work with all the students. Library is now in the ABC rotation for classes, so a lot of weeks students might have Library twice a week. The students helped Mrs Harrison decide they wanted to focus on inclusivity so they are celebrating every cultural holiday as they come up and the students are enjoying the crafts associated with each holiday.
- Mike Scott is supportive of keeping schools opening and not closing the district. So all district people are helping keep the schools open to get through the omicron wave. And schools are only being closed on a case by case basis when too many teachers or students are out.
- Thank you’s for the staff helping our teachers and students would be greatly appreciated.
Meeting adjourned at 7:18pm